Thursday, November 5, 2009

OCHOA AS LANDMARK DIMINISHING

EDUCATING THE MASSES AS ' THE WORD '

My grandfather who worked for the El Paso Newspapers, saved his money and started American Printing Company with the help of his brothers, he had sent for from Ocampo, Mexico. On the way, the brothers ran across the Pancho Villa gang and were almost killed. Hard work and diligence payed off in the service of his community in efforts, sometimes employed in work of all family members to publish and other work for, The Fort Bliss Newspaper, most, if not all El Paso School Districts school papers, El Paso Community Collage, Southwest Art prints of Hispanic and Anglo heritages, Chicano literature and books.

He had four sons, one of which drown while attempting to save the life of another youngster like himself. Jesus, Eduardo, and Louie, ( my brothers and sisters worked there also, as did I ) at one point or another worked and carried on the ' shop ' until it's closing.



THUNDERBIRDS OF SKY AND LAND AND ACROSS A MOUNTAIN

As I sat lessening to my I-Pod, dealing with and dispensing with ' demons ' of the moment, I relized that I was looking at my fathers old T-Bird, and inside there appeared to be a head of an Eagle or that of a Thunderbird of Legend. I wondered if I was mistaken and took a closer look, it seems that condensation of recent rains and of those years gone by, maybe sweat, though doubtful because we as kids would earn extra money cleaning it, Q-tips and all; of a day when the damn car had big old ugly green and yellow flowers plastered on the doors. There was truly a head, of tyranny fought outside or ' I'm part of this country, as are my people, Goddamn it! ' On the inside, and the EYE, for those wish to see.-I took one picture, enhanced one in order to bring out abit more contrast.

CURRENTS OF FAITH, THUS HOPE

What do both these men have to with children? Hard work and the EDUCATION for children. The printing press did change the world after all and with it new law. All children, as example in a people in need of reassurance, that a day will come.

No comments: